COPY THIS LIFESTYLE:
I was raised to eat meat – but over 5 years ago something changed in me. I decided I wanted to do something that would immediately impact our world. I vowed to make a difference. Beyond that, I vowed to make a ‘pact’ with myself and then stick to it.
The decision: Stop eating animals.
Vegan for several years now and I feel great. I am in excellent shape although you can judge for yourself .
I positively influence several of my close friends to adopt a healthier lifestyle through diet choices alone.
A lot of people would love to eat vegetarian or vegan; however many people lament to me “I could never do that…”
Well I too, once used to eat meat. I grew up loving and enjoying animal products; but then I found out a lot – and realized that ‘going vegetarian’ really works. I know a different way now. It is actually quite easy to make this lifestyle change if you are currently wondering how to make the switch to vegetarian. Make sure you double check with your doctor before making any serious adjustments in your diet.
Begin by adopting a new mindset: Promise to try your best to be conscious of the things you eat; be aware of your food choices. Many restaurants offer vegetarian|vegan options. I regularly modify meals; many establishments are more than happy to accommodate dietary restrictions/limitations. I have a new bond with all animals in the world.
This post serves as a Guide to Going Vegetarian/Vegan!
Below are my top tips when transitioning to Vegan
1. Go easy on yourself. It’s called practicing: you are making a conscious attempt to shun animal products, however you’ll still encounter them everywhere. It is not the end of the world if you practice becoming vegan but treat yourself to an omelette once and a while.
Furthermore, forget about past dietary habits. Old ways mean nothing now. The present moment and future dietary choices are what matter most.
2. Substitute Protein. Here’s A LIST OF VEGAN FOODS PACKED WITH PROTEIN.
MASSIVE FITNESS TIP: IF YOU WANT A TIGHT BODY – GIVE UP BREAD, RICE, CRACKERS, WHEAT, GLUTEN, AND PASTA.
Alternate Sources of Protein | Eat as much as you can:
Vegetables – the proper foundation for all diets.
• 1 avocado – 10 grams protein
• 1 cup broccoli – 5 grams protein
• 1 cup spinach – 5 grams protein
• 2 cups cooked kale – 5 grams protein
• 1 cup boiled peas – 9 grams protein
• 1 cup cooked sweet potato – 5 grams protein
Legumes, (also vegetables), get their own mention. Specifically lentils and beans, the foundation of many diets for centuries.
• 1 cup lentils – 18 grams protein
• 1 cup refried beans – 15.5 grams protein per serving
• 1 cup garbanzo beans (and hummus) – 14.5 grams protein
• 1 cup pinto, kidney, black beans, white beans, chick peas – 13-15 grams protein
Nuts and seeds – a staple in most vegetarian and vegan diets. <— Should not be used as primary source of protein. Nuts are pretty fatty. If you want your abs to come through, avoid nuts.
• 1 oz. cashews – 4.4 grams
• 1 oz. sesame seeds 6.5 grams, 3 tablespoons of tahini – 8 grams
• 1 oz. pistachios – 5.8 grams
• 2 tbsp almonds – 4 grams
• Nut butters – peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter – 2 tablespoons has about 8 grams of protein
Grains – Ancient grains, sprouted grains, multi-grains – a major part of the diet.
• Quinoa is versatile and delicious. 1 cup – 9 grams.
• Amaranth, bulgur, brown rice, wheat germ, oat bran are other grains with a high protein content.
• Oatmeal – 1 cup = 6 grams.
3. EASILY eliminate dairy by substituting milk with almond milk or coconut milk. There are a lot of tasty alternatives to cow’s milk. Pick up Probiotics at the drug store. (Available with the vitamins)
4. Drink a lot of water. You can download a water drinking app to remind you to drink water!
5. MORE AMAZING VEGAN DISH IDEAS (WITH PICTURES) – Some of the FABULOUS things I cook on a regular basis!
6. Vitamins and Minerals! To stay healthy I take aVivoPur Vitamins (GET YOURS HERE) I take a multi vitamin, plus additional A B2, B12, B6, Iron, D, E, Zinc, Magnesium, Probiotics
7. Keep an open mind and be understanding of the dietary choices of others.
8. Remember: It may seem difficult in the beginning but your new lifestyle change will become easier as you stick to it – promise.
Another great trick is to slowly eliminate foods as you become accustomed to your new diet. Break it down into parts: Perhaps first you’ll choose to give up pork. Next you might decide all red meats are off limits. You may find it easier to drop dairy and all animal meat after getting to this point. Eventually the goal is to eliminate eating animal products as much as possible – without feeling deprived. When you stick to the diet it definitely becomes second nature to practice eating this way.
9. Shakes are your friend. Blend vegetables and fruits for breakfast for a nutrient packed breakfast. Pick up NATERA LIFE HEMP PROTEIN TO MAKE YOUR SMOOTHIES PACKED WITH PROTEIN!
10. Check out more diet tips here! If you continue to eat like this you will get fit FAST!
LIKE THIS POST? READ ABOUT FOODS THAT BOOST YOUR METABOLISM HERE!
NEW Sunshine Girl Photos! All Photos Shot by Jack Boland for Sun Media Corporation. You may have recognized a familiar face in SUN papers across the nation, Canada. Actress Theresa Longo reveals her favorite baseball player! See More Photos…
How To Get Fit and Strong Before Christmas! Theresa Longo shares her top tips on how to be fit and strong before Christmas. Lenka Gourdie shares her experiences about TRX and how it helps us stay healthy around the holidays…
Recently I did a 3 day cleanse in Costa Rica with The Healing Cuisine. This nutritionally supportive and renewing juice cleanse resulted in blemish-free skin and a fresh feeling! Read it here…
Recently I received Avivo Pur’s Healthy Living Clay Mask. Alkalizing and purifying, this calcium bentonite clay is safe to eat or use anywhere on your skin. It works internally by attracting poisons from the gastrointestinal tract. Read about it’s incredible healing properties here…